Welcome to Walter White Elementary School!
Dear Walter White Families,
Welcome to the 2016-2017 school year! This is my fourth year working at Walter White and I truly believe our students, families and staff are in a special place. I feel honored to work with the Walter White staff, families, and community.
We are anticipating an exciting and productive year. The staff foresees a successful year as we implement new educational strategies that will assist in the academic achievement of all students. I will work diligently with parents and staff to foster an atmosphere that promotes a positive learning community. We know that a strong partnership with you will make a great difference in your child’s education. As partners, we share the responsibility for our children’s success and we want you to know that we will do our best to carry out these responsibilities. We ask that you guide and support your child’s learning by ensuring that he/she:
- Attends school daily and arrives on time, ready for the day’s learning experience
- Completes all homework assignments given by teachers
- Reads daily to develop a love for reading and to improve literacy skills
- Shares school experiences with you so that you are aware of his/her school life
- Informs you if he/she needs additional support in an area/subject
- Knows that you expect him/her to succeed in school and go to college
To those who are new to Walter White we hope that you will quickly feel at home and become involved in the activities of our school. We look forward to working with you to ensure that your student receives the best possible education. It is important that you get involved in your child’s education by becoming involved in our parent organizations and/or volunteering at the school. We will be happy to find an area that you will be interested in. We will be sending out information throughout the year designed to engage families and connect you to the school.
I look forward to serving students, parents, staff and community members as principal of Walter White this year.